I wish affiliate opportunity was available with Starlink, but I'm talking it up for no compensation...

...because I believe in its value as a Communications Backup device. The Starlink receives direct Internet signal from the 6,350 Starlink satellites in orbit. Talk about redundancy! 

I purchased and used a Starlink Roam during the Eclipse 2024 Niagara Heritage Tour event @ Niagara Falls in April 8th. Reception, even on a cloudy day was 4 out of 4 Bars.

In the past, after weather disasters, many phone companies would set up COWS (Cell on Wheels) to provide complementary Internet when towers were down. How'd they do it? They had direct access to Satellites. I didn't hear mention of any COW deployments during recent hurricane seasons. I guess those days are gone. We're on our own. For that reason we must all have our own recovery communications plan.


Consider investing in a Starlink device as a family asset. You can activate & pause service as needed. As a resident of a Senior building, I'm always ready to deploy Starlink for my neighbors & family should we lose cell tower service in my 150' vicinity. At least folks will be able to send a text or digital voice call. HAM radios in the vicinity of a Starlink can facilitate emergency relay communications also. Many benefits.

If you are a business owner, this is an especially worthy investment...and write off. You can be a beacon of communications recovery for your community. 😎


BTW, so what if it's Elon Musk technology. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Make it work for you!
https://www.starlink.com/roam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust the Process...

May is Senior/Elderly “Preparedness Buddy” month.

March is Women of Preparedness Month at PerennialNC!